Saturday, December 3, 2011

OUTSIDE

My eyes are closed. Am I blind? Am I dead? I can still breath. I can still feel the cool breeze blowing past me, refreshing. I am not dead...

I hear footsteps and the distant voices of people talking, someone giving instructions perhaps? Curiously, I am not afraid. Perhaps it is the cool breeze, not hot, not freezing cold; just nice and cool, relaxing my nerves.

I am about to sit down and rest my tired legs as I hear a vehicle stop behind me. Its squeaking engine, grinding to a halt. Men came out, taking with burly voices. Strangely, I do not fear their intentions. Is is the sound of dripping water that reminds me of home that tampers my paranoia?

Soon, the rumbling engine noise and the voices fade away, leaving me alone again. Or am I? The water continues to drip as the wind continues to blow. Both comforting and relaxing, compelling me to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment